Monday, December 31, 2007
Well, I'm about to start a new year again. Hopefully, I will be able to keep my resolutions this time. I had read in one of my magazines that I should scrap my resolutions. Scrapping them would help with the accountability problem that I always seem to have. Anyway, I think I will do it, scrap my resolutions and see if I have accomplished them by the end of the year.
Friday, December 21, 2007
I just got word from Brenda Z. at the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society that one of our children died today. She was only 15. My heart goes out to her family. She struggled for many years with cancer, but, now she is in Jesus' arms. No more pain, suffering, heartache. Jesus does care about his children, and sometimes he cares so much that he brings them home.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Today it is really blustery. We got 9 inches of snow. It is really beautiful, but it disrupted our ability to go to see Marc, Katie, Josh and Abby. So, we have to figure out how we are going to get their presents to them now. Hopefully, the weather will allow us to go later in the week. The prettiest thing about winter is seeing the cardinals at the feeder. I am goingto try to get a picture of them this year for my scrapbook. Anyway, that's all I am doing today.
Saturday, December 15, 2007
Here is an example of a scrap page that I did about my friend's from work. We have a lot to be thankful for, including, the fact that we are able to donate our time and money to a needy family through our Oncology Nursing Society Chapter.
This is my first attempt to blog. I am trying to learn something new and stretch my computer knowledge. I want my blog to be useful to my friends who like to stamp and scrap, so, I hope to post some interesting projects and to let you know upcoming events.
My first card to upload is a very traditional "Frosty" from Stampin' Up! This stamp set is retired as of December 31, 2007. I love Frosty and I know that a lot of you have him and use him often. This project used the new In Color inks and paper from SU. I love this stamp set because it is really quick and easy to make these cards. The recipe for this card is below:
- Make card in Purely Pomegranate. Size 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
- Cut Whisper White. Size 4 x 5 1/4
- Stamp Frosty in Basic Black on Whisper White.
- Stamp Happy Holidays in Purely Pomegranate. Stamp Snowflake from Blue Bayou. Stamp small Swirly in Soft Sky. Glue to Purely Pomegranate card.
- Stamp the head of Frosty on a 2 x 2 scrap of Whisper White.
- Color the hat SU markers using Basic Black, Real Red, Glorious Green. Cut out hat. Place over existing hat on the card. Use a SU dimensional to bring the image up.
- Congratulations you're done! Send to a favorite friend or family member.